zondag 14 juli 2013

First attempt to QAYG

I wanted to try the Quilt As You Go method and I asked in my Double Dutch Group if anyone had tried the method by Maureen Cracknell.
 
Nicolette directed me to this tutorial.
I read it and I thougt it was a 'gedoe' (hassle) with the strips.
 
Lo and behold  this link popped up on my Facebook page!
I've watched it and it is the same method as Nicolette pointed out, but now with a moving images:-)
 
So I started yesterday evening with the Scrappy Log Cabin blocks I received from swaps on Swap-bot and this is the result so far.
 

As I have joint problems and I can't quilt very long/often, I think this is my new favorite method to make droomdekentjes.
 
I can still make quilts for sick children and limited the strain on my fingers and wrists. YAY!!!
 
With the QAYG method to alternate, I can hand quilt the quilts I make for family and friends.
 


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten